Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dairy Queen

Do take time to read Catherine Gilbert Murdock's novel, Dairy Queen. http://www.catherinemurdock.com/catherinemurdock/cgm_homehtml A new aquaintance (a friend of a friend) of mine passed this book on to me this spring, saying it was a funny and enjoyable read.
Since I am on vacation this week, I promised myself to read one book on my growing booklist and I am delighted to have chosen this one! Thank you, Graig Garner, for your recommendation!

Dairy Queen, is a great story with homegrown pride that incorporates good old fashion values. DJ Schwenk helps wherever and whenever she's needed, despite long hours and no real encouragement to validate her contribution. It's her own sense of pride, the way she looks at life and the way in which she works problems out before speaking up for herself that make her a memorable character.

DJ manages to fit in football training to a rival school QB.  Clearly, football is in her blood, seeing that her dad used to and her older brothers were raised playing football and now play at the college level. Humorously, the cows are named after famous football players and coaches! 

Read Dairy Queen to bear witness to intestinal fortitude, genuine honesty and the workings of a young woman's heart and mind.

Catherine Murdock's other novels are: The Off Season, Front and Center and Princess Ben

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate your review, Diane. This book was recommended to me. Now I'm definitely going to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments. I'd love to hear what you think of the book when you're finished reading it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete