Friday, April 29, 2011

The Promise of May

Happy May first everyone! The break of morning on the horizon promises to show off aspects of my garden that I've been running past coming to and from the house to avoid the onslaught of recent rain. Shockingly my bleeding hearts have miracously grown two feet tall, rivaling the pink and white peony bushes and a host of other early spring bulbs reaching out of the earth.
It never ceases to amaze me how rain can make everything grow so fast - including grass, which until yesterday competed for height recognition of the flower bed. Now that the lawn has been cut back to proper scale, there are no worries of loosing small children. Ah, the fragrance of freshly cut grass and spring flowers...I fully welcome the promise of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment